The Vancouver Island Technology Park is located five km (3.1 miles) north of downtown Victoria, on the southern tip of Vancouver Island. Nestled in the rugged beauty of the British Columbia coast, Victoria boasts breathtaking scenery, a temperate climate, and a friendly social environment. It is easy to reach by air or sea from Vancouver and Seattle.
Strategically placed within the Pacific Rim, Victoria is considered a major centre for technological activity. It is home to several government and education facilities recognized for their research excellence in areas including marine and ocean sciences, environment, astrophysics, forestry geosciences, and information technology. Victoria’s three post-secondary institutions – the University of Victoria, Royal Roads University and Camosun College – also offer innovative education and cooperative programs. The region has the highest percentage of university graduates in any Canadian city.
VITP is located next to Camosun College, midway between the University of Victoria and Royal Roads University, and within five miles of both. All significant destinations -including downtown Victoria, Victoria International Airport, the Inner-Harbour, and BC Ferries Terminal are within a 10 to 30 minute drive.
Google Maps for precise location and directions click here!
Air services to Victoria include:
- regular, short flights to Vancouver and Seattle International Airports, with connecting flights to worldwide destinations
- floatplane service between Victoria and Vancouver and Seattle Harbours
- The world’s only scheduled inter-city Heli-jet service, between Victoria and Vancouver
Ferry services include:
- B.C. Ferries from Tsawwassen (48km/30mi south of Vancouver) and the Gulf Islands to Swartz Bay (32km/20mi north of downtown Victoria.)
- Washington State Ferries service between Sidney, B.C. and Anacortes, WA.
- Victoria Clipper catamaran service between Victoria and Seattle Harbours.
The Vancouver Island Technology Park is located in rural Victoria, nestled in the beautiful Glendale Valley and is easily accessible by car – no matter which direction you are coming from!
Below are traveling times between VITP and these frequently-used locations:
- Camosun College – Interurban Campus – 2 min.
- The Horticultural Centre – 2 min.
- Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics – 5 min.
- University of Victoria – 15 min.
- Helijet – 15 min.
- Victoria International Airport – 17 min.
- City Centre – 20 min.
- Swartz Bay BC Ferry Terminal – 20 min.
- BC Parliament Building – 20 min.
- Royal Roads University – 25 min.